Sunday, March 10, 2013

Gratitude

Okay so I know it has been a ridiculously long time since I have blogged and I basically have no followers due to my neglect... Or maybe I never had followers to start out with. Who knows, but the point is I have something to say so I am going to put it into cyber-world.

Life is hard. It just is. But that is what makes it so amazing and rewarding. I think that this little boy says it best, "life is hard, move on." Though he is talking about romance, I think it applies to all aspects of life.



Without going into too many details, this semester hasn't been what one would call ideal. But at the same time I wouldn't change anything. I am learning a lot about myself.

I have also been reminded of the great value people have. There have been several times when someone knocked on the door RIGHT when I needed to talk or offered to help me when I really needed it. Even small things that probably don't seem like a big deal, mean a lot. Okay this is making my life sound like it is hard and it really isn't but I guess what I am trying to say is thank you. Thanks to every person in my life for being who you are and making a difference for me. Hopefully I can pay forward all of the genuine kindness that people show to me everyday. People are just so great and they make me happy and make my life full.

So that was sappy and slightly out of character for me but I think I will try and get back on the blogging horse. On a lighter note, someone told me I look old today. That made me laugh, I guess 23 isn't looking so good on me. I suppose it's better than that time someone guessed I was 30, so I'll take what I can get.

5 comments:

  1. It is too bad that you are having such a hard time. But, I guess it can also help us grow. Whenever you want to talk to someone just email me. My email address is hubrusselle@juno.com. Or, if you have a cell phone with unlimited talk and text, call or text me anytime. If I do not immediately respond because of work or something, I will very soon. My cell phone number is 205-413-1275. It also sounds like you could use a break to one of our beautiful beaches here in Alabama. I bet you didn't go to one when you were here before on your mission.Your friend in Alabama, Russelle Hubbard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, Life is not bad, just the normal college stuff. I am happy and grateful for wonderful people in my life!

      Delete
  2. i just loved this, amelia. you are a grade A type of girl. or egg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Millayyy, I'm about to see you in like 30 minutes (:)). But yay, back on the blog! Great post, thanks for sharing. I could use more gratitude, you are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's never to late to get on the blogging horse. You'd love my friend Val's blog. Illguthlife...meh, its on my blog.

    ReplyDelete